Saturday, December 7, 2013

PMK!Okita test

I finally had a free day yesterday (been working a lot lately, blörgh) so I thought it would be time for some cosplay experiencing! My bad idea this time was to do some wounded!Okita version. I explain: I wanted to have my kimono loose but since I'm a girl, I had to come up with a trick to, y'know, hide some things. So I thought about wrapping my chest in bandages (in addition to usual binding, don't ever bind with only bandages!) to hide my binder.
One thing: binding only with bandages, even elastic ones (type Ace bandages) is DANGEROUS. I've done it once and put myself in danger because it was too tight, I had problems breathing and it started being very painful after some minutes. Don't ever do it, seriously.
This time, I used a proper binder and wrapped bandages over it, but it was just as dangerous. See, all I had was non-elastic bandages for some reason. Well, sure it looks historically accurate, and above all they are pure white (not the case with proper elastic bandages) but obviously, when you have a lot of them wrapped around your chest, it will block your breathing.
Sure it looked cool, and I could have my kimono open without having anything showing, but I started having problems breathing right away. I could only breathe shallowly and fast; breathing fully was possible but required some effort, and if I did not try hard enough I would cough and that's not funny when your breathing is limited to under half of your normal breathing ability.
I will still share the few pictures I could get (before the camera died) but whoever is reading this, please don't be as stupid as me. Don't use non-elastic bandages. I kept them on for under 1h and it was getting bad when I took them off though I could probably have waited longer before my body reached its limit.

Cosplayer: myself as Okita Souji from Peace Maker Kurogane
Photographer: Valkoinen Samurai




I wanted to faint after these pictures were taken and my photographer was not happy about all this so I quickly went to change out of cosplay.
One last detail: wrapping bandages around one's chest is very hard when you do it on yourself. Especially if one of your shoulders doesn't go as far as the other, as it is my case. derp
In any case, please don't do it. It's really dangerous. I had to be reckless to figure out... OTL
But I'm okay now so don't worry! I'm already thinking about something that would be safer.
Until I figure it out, see ya'! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment