Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lens review: G&G Blossom Brown

This time it's light brown eyes, the G&G Blossom Brown. They go under the name Dueba/Barbie Girly Chip Soy Latte as well; it also seems like they can be found under the Girly Chip name by brands such as Royal Vision and Puream.
 
According to the bottles, their diameter is 14.5mm and their base curve is 8.8mm. I don't actually know the base curve of my eyes because I can't remember that my optician ever told me about it but I assume it would be around 8.6mm because it's the usual. I don't have problems with 8.8mm BC contacts though, the G&G Blossom Brown and my EOS Max Pure Gray both have an 8.8mm base curve and they are really comfortable, I have no problems getting them into my eyes either. I don't feel a difference. Actually, if I hadn't checked the base curve of the G&G Blossom Brown, I would not have guessed that they have 8.8mm.

Pics are taken by Shiro Samurai and are unedited to show real colors. 

Bottles.
I think the left lens might be on the "wrong" side but it's hard to tell.


One lens in, check out enlargement.
And now both lenses.
These first pics were taken outdoors.

Facing the light (it's cloudy).
Halfway turned away from the light.
Turning my back to the light.
Facing a corner, halfway turned toward the light.
Facing the same corner, turned away from the light.
On the "shadow" side of the building, it's still cloudy.
We then went back inside, took the indoors pics, and then went back outside because there was some sunlight.

Looking into the sun.
(not recommended)
And then the indoors pics.

In the staircase, under horrible yellow light.
Facing a window.
In the corridor. The light is white and weak.
Flash pic!
Bathroom light.
Side way glance. (facing a window, cloudy sky)

Owl sweatshirt from Romwe.
In short:

Color: 6/10
This isn't a vivid color, and it blends toward the middle. But it does show as brown and the shade is pretty.
Design: 9/10
I think I'm biased toward flower patterns. I especially like this one because it's subtle so it works for more natural looks as well, but if you come close you can spot the hints of petals in my eyes. It also gives a slight twist to the shape, making it more original.
Opacity: 6/10
They're not very opaque, and color disappears toward the middle.
Enlargement: 8/10
They're fairly big, but they don't eat up my eyes either. They can work for natural looks and fashion looks, depending on your make-up.
Comfort: 9/10
I can wear them for hours without feeling them.
Naturalness: 6/10
Not horribly unnatural, but they are too big to be anything else than lenses.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, these are pretty on you! I think the brown shade is really nice and the design/pattern is too. :)
    I just might want the Blossom Blue lenses of the same series now.. dang. x)

    ReplyDelete